[ome-users] Import error

Douglas Russell douglas_russell at hms.harvard.edu
Sat Dec 23 12:32:48 GMT 2017

I'd checked master logs files and there was nothing of interest in there.
dmesg is more promising though, good idea. It looks like a memory issue.
I've increased the amount of memory available to 20GBs from 4GBs and now it
does not fail in the same way. Not sure why so much RAM is needed when each
image in the screen is only 2.6MBs. Now there is a nice new error.

Going by the error that I see when the database tries to rollback, I think
it is timeout related.

The import log: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dpwr/pat/import_log.txt
The server logs (I tried the import twice):
https://s3.amazonaws.com/dpwr/pat/omero_logs.zip

There are a couple of these in the database logs as you'd expect for the
two import attempts, but nothing else of interest.

LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection with an open transaction

Cheers,

Douglas