[ome-users] get import path of an image in OMERO

Kai Schleicher kai.schleicher at unibas.ch
Thu Dec 21 15:54:07 GMT 2017

Dear OME-team,

I was wondering if there is a way to get the path of an image in OMERO
from which it was originally imported.

Behind this question: When importing images from a local folder as a new
dataset, the OMERO.insight importer seems to import images recursively,
i.e. also from subfolders.

While I like this feature, the info of which image was in which
subfolder appears to be lost. This can potentially be troublesome in
cases where images have the exact same name.

While OMERO.insight imports the perfectly fine without error, I don't
know how I can trace back their true origin. Is there a way to do this?

I could of course include the (partial) file path in the filename, but
as this can make the names really long , I was wondering if there is
another option.

Thanks for your help and wishing you happy holidays,
Kai

--
>>Please note my NEW PHONE NUMBERS: +41 61 207 57 31 (direct) +41 61 207 22 50 (central)<<
Kai Schleicher, PhD | Research Associate in Advanced Light Microscopy | Biozentrum, University of Basel | Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 | CH-4056 Basel |
Phone: +41 61 207 57 31 (direct) +41 61 207 22 50 (central) | kai.schleicher at unibas.ch | www.biozentrum.unibas.ch | www.microscopynetwork.unibas.ch