[ome-users] Import error

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Dec 22 12:19:41 GMT 2017

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 1:33 AM, Douglas Russell
<douglas_russell at hms.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Sure, here is the Blitz log.

Thanks. Yeah, here there looks to be a panic of some form:

2017-12-21 23:54:54,179 INFO  [
ome.security.basic.CurrentDetails] (l.Server-3) Adding
log:INSERT,class ome.model.core.OriginalFile,7932
2017-12-21 23:54:54,253 INFO  [
ome.security.basic.CurrentDetails] (l.Server-3) Adding
log:INSERT,class ome.model.core.OriginalFile,7933
2017-12-21 23:54:54,318 INFO  [
ome.security.basic.CurrentDetails] (l.Server-3) Adding
log:INSERT,class ome.model.core.OriginalFile,7934
2017-12-21 23:54:54,400 INFO  [
ome.security.basic.CurrentDetails] (l.Server-3) Adding
log:INSERT,class ome.model.core.OriginalFile,7935
---> here <---
2017-12-21 23:54:56,129 INFO  [
ome.services.blitz.Entry] (      main) Creating OMERO.blitz. Please
wait...
2017-12-21 23:54:56,955 INFO
[.s.ShutdownSafeEhcacheManagerFactoryBean] (      main) Initializing
EHCache CacheManager
2017-12-21 23:54:57,303 INFO  [
ome.services.util.DBPatchCheck] (      main) Verified database patch:
OMERO5.4__0
2017-12-21 23:54:57,337 INFO  [
ome.services.util.DBUserCheck] (      main) User root.id = 0
2017-12-21 23:54:57,338 INFO  [
ome.services.util.DBUserCheck] (      main) User guest.id = 1
2017-12-21 23:54:57,338 INFO  [
ome.services.util.DBUserCheck] (      main) Group system.id = 0
2017-12-21 23:54:57,338 INFO  [
ome.services.util.DBUserCheck] (      main) Group user.id = 1

> I'm afraid it's not very informative. It looks like whatever causes it to
> fail is causing blitz to die and be restarted, going by the logs and the ps
> output. Most of the services are from when OMERO was started around 18:22,
> but then at the bottom we see the new services started as 23:54 which is
> when I was doing the import.

Was there anything in master.out or master.err? What about dmesg?
~J.