[ome-users] Bugreport - BioFormats CZIReader gets Dimension Order of CZI wrong

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Mar 16 16:12:13 GMT 2015

Hi Sebastian,

> the dimension order specifies the order in which images are returned,
> not necessarily the order in which they were acquired.

Indeed, although the two match extremely often, since the original idea in
BF was that the dimension order reflects the order of the planes within the
dataset on disk (on a best effort basis -- e.g., dimension orders that do
not start with XY were never supported). Optionally, the DimensionSwapper
can be used to reorder things to a more desirable ordering, if needed --
both for "input dimension order" if BF's detected dimension order is wrong,
and for "output dimension order" if the planes' dim coordinates are right
but you want the 1-dimensional rasterization order to be different.

Regards,
Curtis