[ome-users] Bugreport - BioFormats CZIReader gets Dimension Order of CZI wrong

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Mar 16 16:03:57 GMT 2015

Hi Sebi,

> I think you can ignore my last mail on the dimension order problem for now,
> since this was misconception on my side ...
>

> Just to be sure, the dimensio order XYCZT, has nothing to do with the order
> of the actual acquistion order (1st - Channel, 2nd - Z and 3rd Time right?

That's correct - the dimension order specifies the order in which images
are returned, not necessarily the order in which they were acquired.
For .czi datasets, the dimension order is always XYCZT (for convenience,
since images can be stored in any order within the file), which
corresponds to channels first, then Z sections, then timepoints.

Regards,
-Melissa