[ome-users] [FLIMfit-users] FLIMfit is not fitting B-H data nor PQ data

Paul Thomas (SCI) P.Thomas at uea.ac.uk
Fri Sep 19 10:38:45 BST 2014

Hi Ian,

Thanks very much for the feedback. I might go to 3x3 smoothing; since I tend to use Nyquist sampling, my pixels are quite small anyway.

Regards,
Paul.
______________________________________
Dr. Paul Thomas, Manager,
The Henry Wellcome Laboratory for Cell Imaging,
Faculty of Science,
University of East Anglia,
Norwich Research Park,
Norwich,
NR4 7TJ,
United Kingdom.
e-mail: p.thomas at uea.ac.uk
Tel: +44-1603-592196
Fax: +44-1603-592250
Imaging web-site: https://www.uea.ac.uk/biological-sciences/research/facilities/henry-wellcome-lab
Personal web-page: https://www.uea.ac.uk/biological-sciences/research/facilities/henry-wellcome-lab/people

UK Top 15 (14th in the Guardian University Guide 2015; 15th in the Complete University Guide 2015)
UK Top 3 for Student Experience (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2014)
World top 1% (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2013-14)
World Top 100 (Leiden Ranking 2014)

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this email or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.

>>> 2) Draw ROI on area to be analysed
>>> 3) In palettes below, under "Data" choose Smoothing  = 5x5 (B&H 2)
>>> and set Integrated Min to appropriate value (Threshold level for
>>> counts) [Note: If NOT using an IRF set Time Min to start  time of the
>>> fluor peak.]
>>> 4) In Background palette choose Background = Single value and
>>> iteratively try various numbers until the first part of the fit
>>> (pre-peak) is close to 0
>>> 5) At bottom under "Lifetime", choose Global fitting = "Pixel-wise"
>>> 6) From IRF menu choose "Load IRF", and open IRF file - if necessary
>>> choose "Estimate IRF shift" from the same menu (stop iterations when
>>> Function value reaches a minimum)
>>> 7) At the very bottom choose "Fit Dataset" - data is shown in
>>> Parameter palette beneath the Decay window; satisfactory fit is
>>> indicated by low Chi2 value (<1.2) - try shifting IRF again, or
>>> changing other parameters if fit not good
>>> 8) Tau map is obtained in Image palette by checking tau_1 Dis. box,
>>> and adjusting Min and Max values
>>>
>>> A question for Ian - I was advised to use "Time varying background",
>>> but I haven't been able to get this to work, ther doesn't seem to be
>>> any shift in the baseline when I choose an ROI in the background of
>>> my image, and no indication that background has been subtracted. Any
>>> clues as to where I'm going wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Paul.