[ome-users] Upgrade problem

Kenneth Gillen k.h.gillen at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Sep 10 15:14:56 BST 2014

Hi Jason,

Can you please email us the c:\OMERO.server\var\log\Blitz.log too?

Many thanks,

Kenny

--

Kenneth Gillen
OME System Administrator

Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street
Dundee  DD1 5EH
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 1382 386364
Skype: kennethgillen

http://www.twitter.com/openmicroscopy

From: <Kotecki>, Jason <Jason.Kotecki at vai.org<mailto:Jason.Kotecki at vai.org>>
Date: Wednesday, 10 September 2014 15:11
To: "ome-users at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk<mailto:ome-users at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk>" <ome-users at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk<mailto:ome-users at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk>>
Subject: [ome-users] Upgrade problem

Hello, I recently attempted the upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.0.4. I'm running on a Windows server using IIS. The process I did was:

1.       Backup the database

2.       Ran 'omero admin stop'

3.       Ran 'omero web iis -remove'

4.       Renamed the 'Omero.server' folder to 'Omero.server.OLD'

5.       Extracted the 'OMERO.server-5.0.4-ice34-b43.zip' to 'Omero.server.

6.       Copied the '/etc/grid/config.xml' file from my old folder to the new folder.

7.       Ran 'omero web iis'

8.       Ran 'omero admin start'.

Here is the output of that start command:

C:\OMERO.server\bin>omero admin start
No descriptor given. Using etc\grid\windefault.xml
Installing OMERO.master Windows service.
Successfully installed OMERO.master Windows service.
Starting OMERO.master Windows service.
Waiting on startup. Use CTRL-C to exit
Failed to startup some components after 300 seconds
Calling "stop" on remaining components
OMERO.master service deleted.
Waiting on shutdown. Use CTRL-C to exit
C:\OMERO.server\bin>

I also attached the results of the 'omero admin diagnostics' command.

Thanks,
Jason Kotecki