[ome-users] Splitting .lif files

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Sep 11 16:30:09 BST 2013

Hi Greg,

> I didn’t cc the list on this message since I’m not sure what I am
> doing.

Who does, really?

Seriously, CCing the list is more so that we can all work together as
needed to troubleshoot your problem. If you write me a private mail and I
am on vacation or too busy, you won't get an answer, whereas if you write
to the list we try to always have someone answer within 24-48 hours.

> I had checked the install and it looked like the most current update
> of BioFormats was not opening the files correctly.

When you say "most current update" do you mean with or without the
"Bio-Formats daily builds" turned on (please see
http://fiji.sc/Bio-Formats#Daily_builds)?

> I would love to help you guys fix this – the problem is that the file
> size that doesn’t work is rather large (at least 50 GB)

Well, in this case sending us a file may not actually help anything. The
key is to figure out the difference between your two machines.

Please run Help > About Plugins > LOCI Plugins... on both computers. Take
note of the revision code, e.g. "093d067", and the build date immediately
afterward. Probably they do not match. Can you please reply back with those
codes? They will tell us exactly which source code you are using on each
computer.

Thanks,
Curtis