[ome-users] Combine two tif to a multilayer tif

Dr. Juergen helmers juergen.helmers at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:15:24 BST 2012

Hi!

I have some image data in MetaMorph format. The Image format is not
supported by Omero and I have to create an OME-XML header prior to
importing the data.

Each channel (I have two, DAPI and GFP) is saved in a single separate image.

For further processing I would like to combine the two channel images
into a multi-layer tif file with a single header.

I can do using convert from the imagemagick pckage:

convert file1.tif file2.tif output.tif

But that literally just concatenates the two files, resulting in a
multi-layer file but also in two headers, so I have

Exif.Image.Description

as well as:

Exif.Image2.Description

Does anyone know of a tool to properly combine the two tiff files
resulting in a new multi-layer tif file with a single header?

Thanks Juergen

--
*Dr. Jürgen Helmers*
/Chief Developer/ | webnow | http://www.web-now.de