[ome-users] Storing gene information as annotation data with a well in a screen

Dr. Juergen helmers juergen.helmers at gmail.com
Thu May 10 09:47:16 BST 2012

On 05/10/2012 03:20 AM, Melissa Linkert wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> Someone else might have a better idea, but one option would be to use a
> Reagent in combination with a StructuredAnnotation, so you would end up
> with something like:
>
> <Reagent ID="Reagent:0">
>    <Name>reagent name</Name>
>    <Description>reagent description</Description>
>    <ReagentIdentifier>12345</ReagentIdentifier>
>    <AnnotationRef ID="Annotation:0"/>
>    <AnnotationRef ID="Annotation:1"/>
> </Reagent>
> <StructuredAnnotations>
>    <TextAnnotation ID="Annotation:0">
>      <Value>more information</Value>
>    </TextAnnotation>
>    <TextAnnotation ID="Annotation:1">
>      <Value>even more information</Value>
>    </TextAnnotation>
> </StructuredAnnotation>
>

> ...the important point being that StructuredAnnotations can store whatever
> information you like.
>
> (Note that there are other Annotation types besides TextAnnotation;
> please consult the OME-XML schema for a list of the remaining types.)

Hi Melissa,

thanks for the help on Structured annotations. I actually had something
very similar already implemented, only that I though I could store
multiple values in one annotation block... I have adapted that and
informed the team members on what to expect!

I will look into Omero.tables in the longer run as it seems liek a
valuable alternative. So thanks for the links and pointers.

Bummer that the screen import of our Andor data does not work. We were
planning to present the complete work-flow at the RNAi meeting in San
Francisco in a talk... Well next time for now we cant use Omero...

Thanks Juergen

--
*Dr. Jürgen Helmers*
/Chief Developer/ | webnow | http://www.web-now.de