[ome-users] Cannot Initialize the Django settings database (fwd)

Bernie Broughton b.broughton at sussex.ac.uk
Thu May 28 15:21:04 BST 2009

Hi,

thanks to Jeremy and Paulo for the beginner's guide to sudo! Here is the
current road block:

Running Centos 5.3

Now I get:

sudo -u apache_user PYTHONPATH=/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/ python
manage.py syncdb
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "manage.py",line 41, in ?
   from django.core.management import execute_manager
ImportError: No module named django.core.management

The first confusion I have is whether apache-user means apache or omero (is
omero an apache user?).

PYTHONPATH is correctly set:

PYTHONPATH=/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/
echo $PYTHONPATH
/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python

The path (which the Docs imply should also be there):

/opt/local/share/ice/python

does not exist,nor is there an ice or Ice-3.3.1 directory with a
subdirectory python.

The filepath django/core/management/ exists.

manage.py exists in the current directory:
-rw-r--r-- 1 omero omero  3539 May  8 12:32 manage.py

owned by omero.

If I substitiute 'omero' for 'apache' I get the same error message:

sudo -u omero_user PYTHONPATH=/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/ python
manage.py syncdb

I've substituted python for python2.4:

sudo -u apache_user PYTHONPATH=/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/ python2.4
manage.py syncdb

as seems to be suggested when you google the error but am now stuck,

Bernie

Bernie Broughton
IT Manager
Genome Damage and Stability Centre