[ome-users] Configuration Guide for mod_python (production) (fwd)

Bernie Broughton b.broughton at sussex.ac.uk
Wed May 27 22:37:52 BST 2009

Thanks Paulo,

now I realise apache_user apache_group can be different depending on the
distribution. I'm using Centos 5.3 and yes it's apache:apache.

I've also realise that:

DATABASE_NAME = '/home/omero/webdb/db.sqlite3'

is correct, it's pointing to the database directory that's about to be
created.

However:

sudo -u apache PYTHONPATH=/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/ python
manage.py syncdb

doesn't work

Should I be running it as root (suspect not), as omero (possibly), but then
I get asked for a password, which is incorrect and I get reported! In fact
should the database be running at this point? Has apache got I password?
How an I supposed to know what it is?

Pleased to have got this far nevertheless,

Bernie

--On 27 May 2009 19:47 +0100 Paulo Almeida <palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt>
wrote:

> Hi Bernie,
>
> If you haven't tried it yet, use:
>
> chown apache:apache /home/omero/weblog
>
> On Wednesday 27 May 2009 19:38:46 Bernie Broughton wrote:
>> I'm having problems using the configuration guide for mod_python
>> (production).
>>
>> First, I've changed the DATABASE_NAME and PYTHONPATH declarations to
>> reflect what it is in the omero Beta 4.0.3 environment:
>>
>> DATABASE_NAME = '/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/omeroweb/db.sqlite3'
>> PYTHONPATH=/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/omeroweb/manage.py syncdb
>>
>> I get stuck though in creating log and database directories with
>> apache_user:apache_group ownership:
>>
>> I can create directories but fail:
>>
>> chown apache_user:apache_group /home/omero/weblog
>>
>> gives: invaid user
>>
>> chown apache:apache_group /home/omero/weblog
>>
>> gives: invalid group
>>
>> as root
>>
>> Apache is there and is running and:
>>
>> <http://our_site/>