[ome-users] Configuration Guide for mod_python (production)

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Wed May 27 19:47:54 BST 2009

Hi Bernie,

If you haven't tried it yet, use:

chown apache:apache /home/omero/weblog

Judging by what you sent, it seems that your web server is running as
user 'apache'. If that doesn't work, you can look in your apache
configuration file(s) for the user, or try:

cat /etc/passwd

and see if it's obvious which one is the web server. In Debian systems, for
instance, the default user is 'www-data' .

Good luck,
Paulo