[ome-users] Configuration Guide for mod_python (production)

Bernie Broughton b.broughton at sussex.ac.uk
Wed May 27 19:38:46 BST 2009

I'm having problems using the configuration guide for mod_python
(production).

First, I've changed the DATABASE_NAME and PYTHONPATH declarations to
reflect what it is in the omero Beta 4.0.3 environment:

DATABASE_NAME = '/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/omeroweb/db.sqlite3'
PYTHONPATH=/home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/omeroweb/manage.py syncdb

I get stuck though in creating log and database directories with
apache_user:apache_group ownership:

I can create directories but fail:

chown apache_user:apache_group /home/omero/weblog

gives: invaid user

chown apache:apache_group /home/omero/weblog

gives: invalid group

as root

Apache is there and is running and:

<http://our_site/>