[ome-users] Image Upload and Java API

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Jul 13 22:35:29 BST 2006

Hi Nicholas,

We want to be able to do the same thing here at our lab, and have created a
command-line utility called "omeul" (currently bundled with VisBio --
http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/visbio.html) that uploads images to the OME
server. The current implementation only uploads pixels without much (any)
accompanying metadata, but we are currently working to migrate omeul into
our new Bio-Formats library (http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats.html) and
expand its functionality. We still have a ways to go, and everything is in a
bit of flux right now, but we hope to have a more robust solution available
for you soon. (The strategy we are going to pursue is much like what Ilya
outlined in his reply.)

-Curtis