[ome-users] Image Upload and Java API

Nicholas Lahens lahensn at canisius.edu
Thu Jul 13 19:56:15 BST 2006

Hi Ilya,
Basically, I'm looking into using OME to store images and
image data for use with the Virtual Cell program. Since the
majority of VCell clients are offsite and we don't want to
open up a file directory on the OME machine for uploading
files, having the ability to upload images at the application
level would be great. We could adapt the VCell to do this,
but it is preferable if OME could directly handle remote
image uploads. There's a bit of a crunch here right now, but
tomorrow afternoon I'll have a chance to sit down with my
boss, go over the questions you posed and really work out
what we're looking for. Thanks for all the help.

Nick