[ome-devel] Source/docs for ome.model.core.Image

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Aug 19 16:00:39 BST 2008

James Perry writes:
 > Hi everyone,

Hi James.

 > I am starting to code against the OMERO Java API (just small proof of
 > concept things at the moment really), referring to the documentation
 > and the ExampleOne.java on the wiki. However I have run into a problem
 > as I can't find any source or documentation for the
 > ome.model.core.Image class. It doesn't seem to be in the javadocs
 > linked from the wiki, or in the source trees I've downloaded (I think
 > I have the whole omero server and shoola client trees from the
 > "download as zip file" links on Trac). Can someone point me to this
 > class please? It's possible I'm missing a whole source tree or
 > something.

Almost all the classes in ome.model.* (and for OmeroBlitz --
omero.model.*) are code generated, so it's not that you are missing
something exactly, just that we currently don't package the generated
source into a download, though we most likely will moving forward.

The javadocs are available at:

  http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/OMERO/javadoc/ome/model/core/Image.html

for example, but they are not terribly much help.

If you build from source yourself the files are available under:

  OMERO_HOME/components/model/target/generated/src/ome/model/...

which you can also find on hudson at:

  http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/OMERO/ws/trunk/components/model/target/generated/src/ome/model/

If you don't mind telling us some more about what you are trying to
accomplish, we might also be able to point you at some better examples
within the test suite.

 > Thanks,
 > James

Best wishes & let us know what we can do to help,
~Josh.