[ome-devel] "Correct" procedure for defining instruments

Richard Beare Richard.Beare at csiro.au
Thu Nov 18 08:11:14 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm wondering what the "right" way of going about the following is. We
are probably going to be including images from 2 different microscopes
in our OME installation.

I'm reading the XML overview section about the instrument element.

Is the appropriate approach to create a couple of xml files,
instrumentA.xml and instrumentB.xml and import them after installation,
or is it better to modify some files during configuration and allow the
instrument descriptions to be created at installation time?

Thanks

--
Richard Beare, CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
Locked Bag 17, North Ryde, NSW 1670, Australia

Richard.Beare at csiro.au