[ome-devel] Import again...

Stefan Frank s.frank at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Thu Aug 19 15:40:35 BST 2004

Hi folks,

we're still struggling with the import of images and are pursuing
different paths for importing files - apart from hacking the
perl-import-scripts(glad to have put this on josh's list, not mine), I
went through the different approaches using the XML-RPC from java: As
far as I can see, we have several duplicate Codebases here that do (part
of) the Job: We have the TestImport from OME-JAVA, there is the code in
Visbio3 that started out with copying TestImport-Code and I even
remember to have seen first Steps towards an import from inside Shoola.

On the
docs-site(http://www.openmicroscopy.org/system-admin/import.html), there
is already a marriage between visbio and the Import-Module announced -
what is the state of this marriage? VisBio is pretty cool on the import-
side, with a clever way of determining the files that belong together,
however, we need a Command-Line-Interface, preferably tweakable via
parameters to set the z/time/channel-patterns. We'd like to put this
into a cron-job and upload files from a given directory over night. Or
is this already possible with Visbio3?!

Is anybody already doing this?! I do not want to add another code-base,
but I think refactoring the TestImport.java from OME-JAVA, adding cli to
it,  and then taking this together with the VisBio-Classes would do the
trick - maybe we can come up with classes that can be used inside Shoola
for the import, too?!

cheers
stefan

--
Stefan Frank
iBioS - Intelligent BioInformatics Systems
Mail: s.frank at dkfz-heidelberg.de