[ome-devel] Standaloneserver

Douglas Creager dcreager at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 19 15:33:49 BST 2004

The StandaloneServer is there for testing purposes -- it's easier to
start and stop than Apache, and you can see any error messages right
there on your terminal instead of having to dig through an Apache log.
It is not meant to be a production server.

The alternative is to run the remote framework server through Apache;
the installer script can set this up for you if you tell it to.

To have TestImport (or any remote client) connect to Apache instead of
the StandaloneServer, you just have to change the URL it connects to.
The default for Apache is, if I remember right,
http://your.machine/shoola .

Note that it's possible to have both Apache and the StandaloneServer to
listen to whichever port you want via, respectively, httpd.conf options
and command-line options.

--doug