[ome-users] Bad session key

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 21:51:25 BST 2015

Hi Frans,

thanks for the precision. I did some testing of the script/CLI interaction using a minimal
script (https://github.com/sbesson/omero-user-scripts/blob/master/cli_scripts/test.py)
against the latest version of the server on the 5.1.x development line.

Below are the output of the `script run` command:

- with -g GROUP included as part of the command arguments

$ bin/omero script run /opt/ome/omero-user-scripts/cli_scripts/test.py
Using session 6391bba5-6efd-481a-8035-ce8ef3bf371d (root at localhost:4064). Idle timeout: 10.0 min. Current group: system
Ignoring group since session key set
Joined session 6391bba5-6efd-481a-8035-ce8ef3bf371d (root at localhost:4064). Idle timeout: 10.0 min. Current group: system

- without -g GROUP included in the command arguments

$ bin/omero script run /opt/ome/omero-user-scripts/cli_scripts/test.py
Using session 6391bba5-6efd-481a-8035-ce8ef3bf371d (root at localhost:4064). Idle timeout: 10.0 min. Current group: system
Joined session 6391bba5-6efd-481a-8035-ce8ef3bf371d (root at localhost:4064). Idle timeout: 10.0 min. Current group: system

As discussed on this thread, I would expect the upcoming 5.1.1 OMERO.server will
drop the unnecessary requirement to specify a group argument while using the CLI with
a session key.
When you update the version of the OMERO.py client, this should be indicated by the
warning message pasted above (“Ignoring group since session key set”)

As always, let us know if you encounter new issues when the new release is out.

Best regards,
Sebastien