[ome-users] Question about Matlab Bio-Formats

Qi Gong qigong at gwmail.gwu.edu
Thu Apr 9 14:54:18 BST 2015

Hello everyone,

Sorry for bother. I have a question about Matlab Bio-formats. Now, I use
openThumbBytes() function to get the thumbnail image of WSI. But the size
of it is fixed at 128.  This there any method to customized the thumbnail
image size like (1000)?  I know, I could resize it when I get.But if I
resize it from 128 to 1000, the image will become blur.

Secondly, sometime we want to get a re-scaled large part of WSI. for
example, the whole WSI is 90000 x 90000, and we want [1:10000, 1:10000]
area and save it to the size 500 x 500. I try to use bfgetPlane to extract
10000 x 10000 area from WSI and resize it by matlab. But the bfgetplane
extraction part take a long time. Is there any quick method to do it? Thank
you very much for your help.

Sincerely,
Qi

--