[ome-users] Java interface to XML-RPC

Harry Hochheiser hsh at nih.gov
Mon Mar 13 14:15:36 GMT 2006

Thomas;

For semantic types that come included in the main OME distribution,
you're on the right track. In general, i'd suggest the following steps:

1) follow the directions on the OME CVS page (http://
cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/) and checkout the OME-JAVA package.

2) build the package using ant . Create javadoc documentation with
"ant apidocs".

3) the ome-java.jar file will contain, under
org.openmicroscopy.ds.st, classes for the core semantic types.
Example code illustrating the use of these types is in
org.openmicroscopy.ds.tests.

If you want to access semantic types that you have defined and added
to your OME installation, it's a bit more complicated. Since those
classes aren't known to OME-JAVA, you would have to either (a) use
the generic facilities available in OME-JAVA or (b) generate your own
customized version of OME-JAVA, including java code for your new
semantic types.

If this is what you need to accomplish,  both steps are reasonably
straightforward. I'm happy to provide further guidance: please let me
know.

-harry