[ome-users] CBIR systems in Matlab

Tom Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Mar 18 12:36:42 GMT 2006

GuangHui,

I don't know of any CBIR systems implemented in MATLAB either,
although our classification work has much in common with CBIR.

We convert (in MATLAB) an image into a vector (about 800 values) in
order to extract numerical content descriptors for supervised machine
learning. The same features could be used in a CBIR system, however
you will have to define the distance metric (based on your
application, I'm sure).

The feature extraction code is open-sourced and available here:
http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/horde/chora/browse.php?f=OME%2Fsrc%
2Fmatlab%2FOME%2F

Tom