[ome-users] Return Image Type via Bioformats / Fiji

Stephen Taylor stephen.taylor at imm.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 14:37:34 GMT 2019

Hi,

Is it possible to get the type of image using Bioformats via Fiji?

For example I see you can get some info from https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/blob/develop/components/bio-formats-plugins/utils/macros/basicMetadata.txt

But I want whether the image is RGB or not. So if I run("Show Info...") in Fiji I can get "Bits per pixel" from the output below. Is there is a quick method I can use to get this value?

(Fiji Is Just) ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-69/1.52i; Java 1.8.0_172 [64-bit]; Windows 10 10.0; 128MB of 12098MB (1%)

Title: nucleus_RGB.nii
Width:  20.9920 µm (512)
Height:  20.9920 µm (512)
Depth:  7.125 µm (57)
Size:  57MB
Resolution:  24.3902 pixels per µm
Voxel size: 0.0410x0.0410x0.125 µm^3
ID: -5
Bits per pixel: 32 (RGB)
Image: 26/57
No threshold
ScaleToFit: false
Uncalibrated
Screen location: 1063,267 (1920x1200)
Coordinate origin:  0,0,0
No overlay
No selection

Kind regards and thanks,

Steve
Co-Leader MRC WIMM Centre of Computational Biology,
Head of Analysis, Visualisation  and Informatics,
MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine,
Oxford.
Tel: +44 (0)1865 (2)22640