[ome-users] HELP with OMERO installation on MacBook Pro

Maria Kiourlappou maria.kiourlappou at linacre.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 18 17:07:11 GMT 2019

Hello,

Happy New Year! I would like to request for some help with the OMERO desktop version installation.

I am attempting to use both the online client and the desktop version of the OMERO software.

I was able to log in to OMERO successfully through the online client but not on the desktop version of the software I installed on my laptop. I am very confident that there is no issue with my login details because not only I logged in to OMERO online successfully but also logged in to the desktop version of the software that is installed on another machine (not my laptop).

I have a MacBook Pro 2018 with macOS High Sierra system. I installed the OMERO versions OMERO.insight-5.4.9 and OMERO.insight-5.4.5 for Mac OS X on my laptop and when I attempted opening either of those I got a “JRELoad error”.

I then installed Java 8 update 201 from ORACLE to resolve the above issue. I then got a different error message when I tried to login – please see the screenshot below.

[cid:image001.png at 01D4AF4F.A02DCBA0]

Please could you help me resolve this issue as soon as possible??

Kind regards,
Maria Kiourlappou