[ome-users] Java update blocks login by OMERO.insight and import by OMERO.cli

Mark Carroll (Staff) m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Sat Jan 19 00:10:46 GMT 2019

A small erratum for those users attempting the tricky Java workaround in launching Insight:

> Alternatively, advanced users may create a file containing an override for only this line and direct their JRE to it by including the -Djdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=my-override-file.security option when launching Java.

As some have probably already discerned, this should have been: -Djava.security.properties=my-override-file.security

("my-override-file.security" is just an example name for the file where you provided a new setting for jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms as described in the original post to this thread.)

My apologies for the paste error in what is already a difficult procedure for users. The advantage to the approach is that it limits the security policy change to Insight instead of adjusting the system-wide java.security file. Of course, it is but an emergency stopgap for those users already with an upgraded Java. We will continue to work on developing an easier solution for affected users.

-- Mark