[ome-users] how set the java tmp variable

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Mon May 14 07:27:44 BST 2018

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 3:21 PM,
<Andreas.Mueller at biologie.uni-osnabrueck.de> wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   and thanks!
>
>    .. setting the var TMPDIR works for me

Glad to hear

>   Now I can create huge ZIP-Files, but now I've got a timout in nginx.
>
>   It breaks after 60s with    nginx gateway time_out
>
>   In /etc/nginx/nginx.conf I've set:
>
>     send_timeout        1800s;
>     keepalive_timeout   1800s;
>
>   and I've try'd this:
>
>     bin/omero config set omero.web.wsgi_timeout 1800
>     bin/omero web restart
>

>   ..it still breaks after 60s
>

>   some hints ?

Can you try

   proxy_read_timeout 1800s;

as well? However,  something to be aware of: by extending these
timeouts, you will be consuming one of the workers for your web server
for the length of time of the download. Assuming you have 5 workers,
then 5 simultaneous downloads will block the application.

>     thanks in advance
>
>   Viele Grüße
>   Andreas

Cheers,