[ome-users] how set the java tmp variable

Andreas.Mueller at Biologie.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE Andreas.Mueller at Biologie.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Fri May 11 14:21:26 BST 2018

  Hi,

  and thanks!

   .. setting the var TMPDIR works for me

  Now I can create huge ZIP-Files, but now I've got a timout in nginx.

  It breaks after 60s with    nginx gateway time_out

  In /etc/nginx/nginx.conf I've set:

    send_timeout        1800s;
    keepalive_timeout   1800s;

  and I've try'd this:

    bin/omero config set omero.web.wsgi_timeout 1800
    bin/omero web restart

  ..it still breaks after 60s

  some hints ?

    thanks in advance

  Viele Grüße
  Andreas

On 10.05.18 09:19, Josh Moore wrote:
> On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 1:10 PM,
> <Andreas.Mueller at biologie.uni-osnabrueck.de> wrote:
> >   Hi,
>
> Hi Andreas,
>

> >   to create zip-files, java uses the hsperfdata_omero directory under
> >   /tmp. This is controlled by java.io.tmpdir = /tmp.
> >
> >   My /tmp has limited size and I don't wan't to change it. I wan't to
> >   change the java.io.tmpdir, but only for the calling omero proccess.
> >
> >   Where is the best place to do this? Can onyone help me?
>
> This issue recently came up on the forums. See:
> https://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8428&start=10#p19022
>
> In the (docker-based) example given there, setting TMPDIR is
> sufficient to have Java use a different directory. You can choose to
> do this _only_ for the web process if you'd prefer.
>

> >   Greetings from Osnabrück
> >   Andreas
>
> Gruß,
> ~Josh

Andreas Müller - Raum: 35/114b - Tel: 2875