[ome-users] how set the java tmp variable

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu May 10 08:19:25 BST 2018

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 1:10 PM,
<Andreas.Mueller at biologie.uni-osnabrueck.de> wrote:
>   Hi,

Hi Andreas,

>   to create zip-files, java uses the hsperfdata_omero directory under
>   /tmp. This is controlled by java.io.tmpdir = /tmp.
>
>   My /tmp has limited size and I don't wan't to change it. I wan't to
>   change the java.io.tmpdir, but only for the calling omero proccess.
>
>   Where is the best place to do this? Can onyone help me?

This issue recently came up on the forums. See:
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8428&start=10#p19022

In the (docker-based) example given there, setting TMPDIR is
sufficient to have Java use a different directory. You can choose to
do this _only_ for the web process if you'd prefer.

>   Greetings from Osnabrück
>   Andreas

Gruß,
~Josh