[ome-users] FLIMfit 5.1.0 release and motion correction of FLIM data

Munro, Ian i.munro at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 11 17:02:50 BST 2018

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the release of version 5.1.0 of the open-source fluorescence lifetime fitting and visualisation tool FLIMfit, providing a number of new features. Download version 5.1.0 here: https://flimfit.org/downloads/5.1.0/ .

Please note that this version of FLIMfit uses Maximum Likelihood fitting by default. This is the best choice for TCSPC datasets.

We have also recently released Galene, a new tool for motion correction of intravital FLIM data. Galene can correct for motion between and within frames of FIFO FLIM data to retrieve clear images from otherwise unusable data. You can download the software at https://galene.flimfit.org. The software is described in our recent eLife paper https://elifesciences.org/articles/35800 . Any feedback or comments are very welcome!

New Features in FLIMfit 5.1.0

- New phasor-plot based segmentation allows, for example, gating out of tissue autofluorescence

- Load motion-corrected FLIM data from Galene

Enhancements

- Use Maximum Likelihood fitting by default

- Improved IRF estimation using photodiode model

- Load compressed B&H FIFO data with updated Bioformats

- Improve compatibility with LaVision .ome.tifs

- Save colourscale limits in exported image metadata

Bug fixes

- Fix ability to load plain TIF stacks

- Fix regression in reference reconvolution

Best regards,

Sean Warren

Dr. Sean Warren | Research Officer
Invasion and Metastasis
Cancer Division
Garvan Institute of Medical Research
The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, 370 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010

NOTICE
Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.