[ome-users] BioFormats bug : SlideBook Version 6

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Mar 16 09:25:48 GMT 2017

HI Alex,

thanks for your feedback. The issue below is very similar to the one reported in this ticket [1].

Since Bio-Formats 5.2.0, the support for modern version of Slidebook files is fully delegated
to the external native reader developed and maintained by 3i. 3i has also created an update site
to simplify their reader distribution for the Fiji users [2].
Could you try activating this site and see if it fixes the issue for your files?

Best,
Sebastien

[1] https://trac.openmicroscopy.org/ome/ticket/12919
[2] https://support.intelligent-imaging.com/techanswers.php#SLDinFiji

NB: the Java8 update site ships the latest release of Bio-Formats which should be 5.3.4 as of today.
I suspect an additional update site is enabled which would explains the 5.3.2-SNAPSHOT version you
reported. This should not prevent the enabling of the external Slidebook update site.