[ome-users] win7/win10 importer: cannot select tif in hidden folder

MEYENHOFER Felix felix.meyenhofer at unifr.ch
Thu Mar 16 11:19:25 GMT 2017

Hi

we got some problems with the OMERO importer: We got an old TEM microscope that used that universal software iTEM. This uses some database and stores the tif-images in a hidden folder. I can import those images with a OMERO 5.2.2 ice35 client on OsX without problems. But with the same clients on win7/10 I can select the tif images but the arrows in the middle of the UI stay inactive (gray). So effectively I cannot select those images with the importer.
I there is a screenshot of the UI under the following link: https://drive.switch.ch/index.php/s/9vV5l3tDYwum1oj

I figured out that it is actually the Windows file attribute 'hidden', that causes the importer not wanting to let me select those files. Is this intended UI behaviour?

Best,

Felix