[ome-users] OMERO username and password

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Feb 27 11:26:52 GMT 2017

Hi Qi,

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 8:31 PM, Qi Gong <qigong at gwmail.gwu.edu> wrote:
> Hello William,
>
> I tried to install a OMERO server on my local computer follow:
> https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.2/sysadmins/windows/server-installation.html

Just in case you hadn't seen it, Windows support will be ending with
the 5.2 version. OMERO 5.3 which is intended for release next month
has _not_ been tested on Windows. See
http://blog.openmicroscopy.org/tech-issues/future-plans/deployment/2016/03/22/windows-support/
for more information.

If you'd like to try using Docker or VirtualBox to run a Linux-image
on Windows, please let us know.

> But I am facing some problem and have some questions.
> 1. May I skip this command? C:\OMERO.server> bin\omero db script --password
> root_password?

No. This generates the PostgreSQL script which will initialize your database.

> 2. I am sure we have Java installed, but when I enter command:  bin\omero
> admin start, system says Java could not be found.
>
> I attach a screenshot of cmd window. Have you ever faced similar problem
> before? Thank you.

Is Java set on the system PATH like the variables for Ice & Python
from https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.2/sysadmins/windows/server-installation.html#environment-variables
?

Cheers,
~Josh