[ome-users] Is a web-user different from an API user? I get a credentials error

Dominik Lindner (Staff) d.lindner at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Aug 7 14:52:37 BST 2017

Hi Mario,

the minimal-omero-client uses a login method which makes use of the Ice Properties interface.
It looks like that invokes the same parsing methods for command line as for properties files and treats the
'#' as comment symbol.
https://doc.zeroc.com/display/Ice36/The+Properties+Interface

I'll update the minimal-omero-client to use the same login procedure as the other clients, in which
the '#' character does not cause any issues.

Kind Regards,
Dominik

PS: Thanks Sebastien for figuring that out by the way!