[ome-users] Upgrade path from 5.0.8 to 5.3.0?

Christophe TREFOIS christophe.trefois at uni.lu
Wed Apr 12 09:27:21 BST 2017

Hi all,

What would be an upgrade / migration path to test from 5.0.8 to 5.3.0?

Currently our 5.0.8 is on CentOS 6.x and we want to move to a CentOS 7.3 on another machine with 5.3.0.

My current plan was:

Testing
- Make a copy of the binary store to do the “testing”
- Deploy CentOS 7.3 and install latest req packages for 5.3.0
- Dump the pgsql DB on old machine and import in new machine. Run upgrade procedures from 5.1.0, 5.2.0 and 5.3.0.
- Try on the copied binary store -> success!

Moving to production
- After success, maintenance the old machine, copy the latest binary store over, dump the latest DB, do the upgrade steps again, move to production.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Christophe