[ome-users] Upgrade path from 5.0.8 to 5.3.0?

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Apr 13 14:02:55 BST 2017

On 04/12/2017 09:27 AM, Christophe TREFOIS wrote:

> What would be an upgrade / migration path to test from 5.0.8 to 5.3.0?

Your plan looks good to us at OME, Christophe. As you are skipping a few
versions there do spend some time on your last testing step, trying out
the test system in various ways (and invite users to) before moving into
production, especially as you have a whole new bunch of prerequisite
versions too as the whole platform changes.

Absolutely feel free to ask back here if you observe any worrying
changes and let us know if our upgrade instructions are confusing or
missing something out at any point so we can look to fix the
documentation (you shouldn't have to guess during the process!). Good luck.

Cheers,

Mark