[ome-users] splitting a multi-image series

Damir Sudar dsudar at lbl.gov
Fri Jun 5 10:35:36 BST 2015

Hi OME team,

Thanks for an extremely useful and fun User's Meeting this week.

During one of the sessions I had asked whether there was any way to remove
one of the components of a multi-image series (one of my users is uploading
Aperio .svs images and would like to remove the image of the label because
of concerns of it having identifiable patient info on it). Anyway, in your
answer it was very clear that actually removing is impossible since all
components are in the same image file in the repo so I completely
understand that. However, I think it was Josh who suggested that it may be
possible to make one of the components not visible and I thought I had
remembered that one could do so by moving that component to a different
group. I just tried and OMERO tells me very clearly that all components
must stay together in the same group. Was there some other way to make one
component of a multi-image series not visible?

I already suggested to the user that he could simply obscure the label
before scanning but alas, they have scanned ~1000 slides already .....

Thanks,
- Damir

--
Damir Sudar - Staff Scientist
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory / Life Sciences Division
T: 510/486-5346 - F: 510/486-5586 - E: DSudar at lbl.gov

Visiting Scientist, Oregon Health and Science University