[ome-users] login problem omero win7 client 5.1.2

Kai Schleicher kai.schleicher at unibas.ch
Wed Aug 5 18:07:58 BST 2015

Hi Mark and Will,

thanks for the input. I will try and see if I can get this fixed then.

Kai

On 05.08.2015 17:19, Mark Carroll wrote:
> On 08/05/2015 04:07 PM, Kai Schleicher wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I cant log into omero any more with the dektop client (both 32 and
>> 64bit) on my windows 7 64bit machine.
> (snip)
>> I have java version 8 update 51 (build 1.8.0_51-b16). Could that be the
>> Problem?
>
> Kai,
>
> You're absolutely correct: see the write-up on this in our blog at
> http://blog.openmicroscopy.org/tech-issues/2015/07/21/java-issue/
> That change took us all by surprise.
>
> You have the choice of the workaround described in that blog article,
> where you have to tweak the OMERO server's etc/grid/templates.xml and
> redeploy it, or you can simply upgrade the server to 5.1.3 and then the
> patch is included. It's an easy upgrade, being just a minor version.
>
> It is good to let that Java update go ahead everywhere as it addresses a
> security vulnerability.
>
> -- Mark

Kai Schleicher, PhD | Postdoctoral Fellow in Light Microscopy | Biozentrum, University of Basel | Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 | CH-4056 Basel
Phone: +41 61 267 22 50 | kai.schleicher at unibas.ch | www.biozentrum.unibas.ch | www.microscopynetwork.unibas.ch