[ome-users] login problem omero win7 client 5.1.2

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Aug 5 16:19:27 BST 2015

On 08/05/2015 04:07 PM, Kai Schleicher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cant log into omero any more with the dektop client (both 32 and
> 64bit) on my windows 7 64bit machine.
(snip)
> I have java version 8 update 51 (build 1.8.0_51-b16). Could that be the
> Problem?

Kai,

You're absolutely correct: see the write-up on this in our blog at
http://blog.openmicroscopy.org/tech-issues/2015/07/21/java-issue/
That change took us all by surprise.

You have the choice of the workaround described in that blog article,
where you have to tweak the OMERO server's etc/grid/templates.xml and
redeploy it, or you can simply upgrade the server to 5.1.3 and then the
patch is included. It's an easy upgrade, being just a minor version.

It is good to let that Java update go ahead everywhere as it addresses a
security vulnerability.

-- Mark