[ome-users] Fwd: .ND2 reader in BioFormats

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Sep 23 18:02:33 BST 2014

Hi Christophe,

> I am using Bio-Formats 5.0.4 indeed. Have tried from a vanilla IJ1 install
> (as suggested on the IJ mailing list) but I see the same memory usage
> pattern : some saw-teeth usage around 100MB, then using ~3 times the stack
> size (still reading the header), then if I don't max out memory at this
> stage it starts reading planes up to ~1x stack size memory usage and
> opening.
>
> These are 1-channel streamed stacks from an N-STORM acquisition under NIS
> Elements 4.2, with between 50,000 and 120,000 256x256 16-bit images. As
> regards Bio-Formats import options, everything is unchecked and I ask for a
> regular ImageJ stack as output.

Thank you for uploading an example file, and my apologies for not
getting back to you sooner.

The problem was indeed related to the number of images in the file; we
now have a fix under review:

http://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/1351

I would expect this fix to be included in 5.1.0, but if you wish to try
it in advance, then these builds can be used (once the above pull
request shows as being merged):

http://ci.openmicroscopy.org/view/Bio-Formats/job/BIOFORMATS-5.1-latest/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts

Regards,
-Melissa