[ome-users] [FLIMfit-users] FLIMfit is not fitting B-H data nor PQ data

Paul Thomas (SCI) P.Thomas at uea.ac.uk
Fri Sep 19 08:34:52 BST 2014

Thanks Ian,

I've changed my protocol to:

1)	Load FLIM data
2)	Draw ROI on background of image, from Background menu choose "Use Selected Region as Time Varying Background"
3)	In palettes below, under "Data" choose Smoothing  = 5x5 (B&H 2) and set Integrated Min to appropriate value (Threshold level for counts) [Note: If NOT using an IRF set Time Min to start  time of the fluor peak.]
4)	In Background palette choose Background = TV Image
5)	At bottom under "Lifetime", choose Global fitting = "Pixel-wise"
6)	Under Stray, choose TVB = 1
7)	From IRF menu choose "Load IRF", and open IRF file - if necessary choose "Estimate IRF shift" from the same menu (stop iterations when Function value reaches a minimum)
8)	At the very bottom choose "Fit Dataset" - data is shown in Parameter palette beneath the Decay window; satisfactory fit is indicated by low Chi2 value (<1.2) - try shifting IRF again, or changing other parameters if fit not good
9)	Tau map is obtained in Image palette by checking tau_1 Dis. box, and adjusting Min and Max values

Is this correct (in particular steps related to Background - 2, 4 & 6?

Regards,
Paul.
______________________________________
Dr. Paul Thomas, Manager,
The Henry Wellcome Laboratory for Cell Imaging,
Faculty of Science,
University of East Anglia,
Norwich Research Park,
Norwich,
NR4 7TJ,
United Kingdom.
e-mail: p.thomas at uea.ac.uk
Tel: +44-1603-592196
Fax: +44-1603-592250
Imaging web-site: https://www.uea.ac.uk/biological-sciences/research/facilities/henry-wellcome-lab
Personal web-page: https://www.uea.ac.uk/biological-sciences/research/facilities/henry-wellcome-lab/people

UK Top 15 (14th in the Guardian University Guide 2015; 15th in the Complete University Guide 2015)
UK Top 3 for Student Experience (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2014)
World top 1% (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2013-14)
World Top 100 (Leiden Ranking 2014)

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this email or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.