[ome-users] OMERO.web installation under Ubuntu 14

unai_lorenzo at ehu.es unai_lorenzo at ehu.es
Wed Oct 1 11:52:34 BST 2014

Hi Simon,
I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I've been following OMERO.server installation
(http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/unix/server-installation.html), OMERO.server Linux walkthrough (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/unix/server-linux-walkthrough.html), and OMERO.web deployment
(http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/unix/install-web.html).

I generated the nginx configuration with 'bin/omero web config nginx
--system'.
The first lines that the command returned are:
listen       8080;
server_name  $hostname;

I installed nginx at the same time as Ice, Java and Postgres. I used
the following command (as suggested in the walkthrough):

apt-get -y install \
         unzip \
         wget \
         python-{imaging,matplotlib,numpy,pip,scipy,tables,virtualenv} \
         openjdk-7-jre-headless \,
         ice-services python-zeroc-ice \
         postgresql \
         nginx