[ome-users] Ldap and Scripts

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Nov 28 11:00:40 GMT 2014

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Haehnel, Dirk <
dirk.haehnel at phys.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

> [...]

Hi,

>  On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 7:14 AM, Haehnel, Dirk <
> dirk.haehnel at phys.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
>

>  Perhaps someone on the list will have a recipe for setting up the
> truststore on Windows. Were there any steps from
> https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/server-security.html#java-key-and-truststores
> that gave you problems?
>

> I configured the paths and having no problem on apache generating the ssl
> certificate, but since we are using windows AD environment and I get the
> server licence for free, I must use windows server. The problem is that I
> don’t know how to generate a valid ssl cert which is recognized from
> java.security.x thus ldap bindings to AD controller will work. If I allow
> ldap bindings at the ADC without ssl it works fine.
>
> Thus, I need to learn how to do this step: openssl ...

on a windows server 2008 R2.

 I did generate a selfsighned ssl certificate for the webinterface and it
> works

How did you generate the certificate? (which web interface) And what do you
mean by "it works".

> but how do I tell the java.security.x to use this as well and to do the
> ldap bindings with that?

For java.security's purposes, it should be enough to set the keystore
properties as described under server-security. Once that's done, the ldap
bindings (assuming LDAPS) will automatically use them.

Perhaps take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321051 for more
information? (Linked from
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=121)

Cheers,