[ome-users] Ldap and Scripts

Haehnel, Dirk dirk.haehnel at phys.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Nov 27 10:55:14 GMT 2014

From: Josh Moore [mailto:josh at glencoesoftware.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 27. November 2014 08:59
To: Haehnel, Dirk
Cc: OME Users
Subject: Re: [ome-users] Ldap and Scripts

Hi Josh,

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 7:14 AM, Haehnel, Dirk <dirk.haehnel at phys.uni-goettingen.de<mailto:dirk.haehnel at phys.uni-goettingen.de>> wrote:

Hi Josh,

Hi Dirk,

sorry for missing this. If you ever think we're not responding to a private/sensitive email, don't hesitate to say on list, "send you a screenshot" etc.

There something wrong with encryption, ... Then I have created the keystore truststore db thus I thought the omero server can know use it’s ssl certificate from IIS to connect to AD... My guess is that I have done an misconfiguration on the Trust,keystore step. Has anyone a detailed step step by step experience for windows server 2008? Mille gracie.

Perhaps someone on the list will have a recipe for setting up the truststore on Windows. Were there any steps from https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/server-security.html#java-key-and-truststores that gave you problems?

I configured the paths and having no problem on apache generating the ssl certificate, but since we are using windows AD environment and I get the server licence for free, I must use windows server. The problem is that I don’t know how to generate a valid ssl cert which is recognized from java.security.x thus ldap bindings to AD controller will work. If I allow ldap bindings at the ADC without ssl it works fine.
Thus, I need to learn how to do this step:
·        openssl s_client -connect {{host}}:{{port}} -prexit < /dev/null | openssl x509 -outform PEM | keytool -import  -alias ldap -storepass {{password}} -keystore {{truststore}} -noprompt

on a windows server 2008 R2.
I did generate a selfsighned ssl certificate for the webinterface and it works but how do I tell the java.security.x to use this as well and to do the ldap bindings with that?

PS: regarding the Python script thing, I might be able to wait, since I am off the whole December and being away for conferences the first two months of 2015.
If I

 Understood. We'll take a look in the mean time.. All the best,
~Josh.

-Dirk