[ome-users] JPEG Exif read support

Paul van Schayck paul at vanschayck.nl
Thu May 15 10:42:46 BST 2014

Dear all,

As far as I can tell, the JPEGReader in Bio-Formats does not support
reading Exif data as original metadata.

I would very much like support for that. My use case is as follows.
We're using a Nikon SLR camera for taking pictures of objects which
are later analyzed. We're using the JPEG (opposed to the raw NEF)
output as we want to take advantage of the auto contrast, saturation,
etc processing of the camera. Within the Exif data is the comment
field which is set with image identifying information. I would like to
be able to read this in Omero scripts.

I've also reported this as issue on github
(https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/issues/1089). But I
guess that this is the wrong place to request this.

Thank you,

Paul van Schayck