[ome-users] Bioformats gone!

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Mar 7 03:52:31 GMT 2014

Hi Paul,

> Further to your update, I just started Fiji and was prompted to
> update. I did so, restarted and then discovered Bioformats had been
> completely removed!

There are a couple of bugs [1, 2] that might have caused this.

Please run Help > Update Fiji, click Advanced Mode. Click "Manage update
sites" and ensure that both "ImageJ" and "Fiji" are checked. ("Bio-Formats"
can be checked too if you want the Bio-Formats developer builds; that is up
to you.)

Next, click "Advanced mode" and change the View Options to "View
uninstalled files only". If you see any JARs there, especially anything
with "bio-formats" in the path, then mark it for installation (right-click
and "Install it"). Finally click "Apply changes" and then restart Fiji.

Please let us know if this does not fix the problem for you.

HTH,
Curtis

[1] https://github.com/imagej/imagej/issues/43
[2] https://github.com/imagej/imagej/issues/44