[ome-users] Fwd: problem opening .ims files

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Feb 13 12:42:20 GMT 2014

On 12/02/14 13:08, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On 11/02/14 20:21, Josh Moore wrote:
>> Forwarding to the list.
>> ~J.
>>

>>> This is the exception error I receive when trying to open the .ims files
>>>
>>> ImageJ 1.47v; Java 1.6.0_65 [64-bit]; Mac OS X 10.6.8; 21MB of 658MB
>>> (3%)
>>>
>>> java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0.000"
>
> Please could you upload a copy of this image so we can take a look at
> what's causing the error in more detail?  You can do so here:
>
> http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/

Thanks for uploading the image.  I have tested opening this with
versions 4.4.10, 5.0.0-rc1 and the latest development code; it works
fine with all three from what I can see.  I certainly don't get the
error above.

I would suggest updating by downloading the bioformats package from
here: http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/5.0.0-rc2/

http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/5.0.0-rc2/artifacts/bioformats_package.jar

Copy this jar file into the ImageJ plugins folder, and make sure that
any existing loci_tools.jar in this folder is removed.  You will be
using the new version the next time you restart ImageJ.

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,