[ome-users] In place imports and omero 5

Anatole Chessel ac744 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 11 20:17:04 BST 2013

Hi all,

    OMERO 5 looks really great and I been meaning to try it, but as
discussed in Paris, one of the crucial things for us would be to be able
to import files 'in place', ie without copying them (we now have around
35Tb of screening data, for example...). It has been said it's a planned
feature, but would you have more details? In particular can I ask is
there any ETA on it?

Would there be a 'quick & dirty' way to do it rather easily with the
current version? There is a thing or two for us for which it could
really come in handy (even in a beta stage).

Many thanks...
Anatole

--
Anatole Chessel