[ome-users] OMERO 4.4.9 won't start after upgrade from 4.4.5

Niko Ehrenfeuchter nikolaus.ehrenfeuchter at unibas.ch
Tue Nov 12 10:49:27 GMT 2013

On 12.11.2013 10:49, Blazej Pindelski wrote:
> What you were experiencing was a known issue [1]. It has been fixed for the 4.4.9 version of OMERO.server [2].
>  From now on, on both the 5.0 and 4.4 branches, the JNLP file will not be cached due to a specific
> HTTP header sent by the server to the client web browser. This will cause an automatic update (if needed) of the
> JAR files each time you use the Webstart functionality.

Thank you Blazej! So if I got it right, that fix was not yet included in
4.4.9? Otherwise our problem would be something else, as this is just
the version we upgraded to...

I will do more testing on the required force-reload issue that we're
still experiencing with the web client. On top of that we have one user
who can't see his data any more, but I didn't have the time yet to go
and look myself... I'll keep you updated on this.

Thanks again,
Niko